Monday, April 11, 2011

New Adventures in a Medical Marijuana State

Well, I've finally done it. I've been dreaming of moving to a Medical Marijuana state for years.The hells of living in a non-medical state had started weighing heavily on my mind and my body. So we packed our bags, loaded a u-haul, and set off on our new journey in a Medical Marijuana State.

We moved from Boise, Idaho to Portland, OR a couple weeks ago. I am very excited to be living in this beautiful State and have been adventuring more than once already. I brought about 1/2 an ounce of medication with me. That medication is dwindling fast, especially with the increase in activity and movement. (Moving always takes a lot out of me, but I've never moved like this before.)

I had saved the money to obtain my Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) recommendation and card, but the Uhaul ended up costing way more than we had expected. So now I'm broke, with barely any medication, and living in a Medical Marijuana state. How screwed up is that?

At least it is better than being broke, with barely any medication, and living in a Non-Medical state. At least here its only a matter of time (and money) before I get that recommendation, and card, and am able to obtain the quantity and quality that I need to manage my pain and maintain my mobility.

And at least, if I do get caught possessing my medication with out the OMMP card, its a civil infraction, and a gigantic fine, rather than jail time and child endangerment charges.

I am way excited to be here and am looking forward to participating in the local reform movement. Oregon is trying for taxation and regulation for 2012.  Coming from Idaho, where we had just begun our fight for Medical Marijuana, Oregon is two steps and a giant leap ahead. Go Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment