Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oregon's Black Market

The decision to move to Oregon was based primarily on the state's compassionate Medical Marijuana laws. I've been using Marijuana as medicine for 7 years and I am very excited that I finally have the option to become a legal Medical Marijuana card holder. It wasn't even an option in Idaho.

Problem is, this option is still very difficult to choose. I've been researching Medical Marijuana clinics in my area with doctors who are willing to give a recommendation for Cannabis. (It seems that many doctors are still very afraid of the Federal Government and their apathetic war on Medical Marijuana, and refuse to really even discuss Marijuana much less recommend it for a patient's treatment.)

The fees for these doctors range from $150 - $200. On top of that, is the fee for the OMMP card, which is $100. Fortunately, the OMMP card has a discounted rate of $20, for those who receive government assistance to survive.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a discounted rate for the MMJ clinics, nor does state health insurance cover such visits. And I am completely broke. So the option of obtaining an OMMP card is very difficult indeed.

We ran out of medicine about a week ago. I know I've said this before, and I'll most likely say it again, I never remember how much it actually hurts! Luckily, I had the thought to keep saving the ass of the bowls, even though times were plentiful, and have been able to kind of take the edge off with that. 

But because we don't really know anyone here, and because I still can't just walk into a store and buy a bag, I am having to deal with the black market in a Medical Marijuana State. Who would have thunk it?

So we scrounged up some money (good-bye movie collection) and found a very small bag of pretty decent medicine. It's not the best, it's not the worst, but I've definitely had better... even in Idaho. 

We also couldn't afford very much, a few grams at most, and I've already been out for awhile. I know, just looking at the bag, there is only enough for me to feel really good for a day or so; or I can conserve and try to make it last a few days longer. With 4/20 coming up, I chose the latter of the two. I want to at least feel a little better for what is fast becoming an international stoner holiday.

So, out came the weekly pill organizer, and I put barely anything into each of the days. But hey, at least I don't have to keep smoking ass... at least for a few days... hopefully. I always seem to need more than I can spread out, and end up pulling some from the end of the week. If only I didn't have to run out at all, and my levels never go down.

I just keep thinking patience... it will happen eventually. It is finally an option that, even though I cannot afford it right now, it is available. It's not a matter of law any longer, it's just a matter of time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment